$8.3 million in financial support granted by the Government of Quebec under its Maritime Strategy.
Start of work
End of work
- The total cost of the project is estimated at $25 million.
- The terminal handles close to 600,000 tonnes o diversified goods annually (containers, cars, semi-trailer trucks) in addition to serving cruise ships.
- Main home port for provisioning Newfoundland and the Magdalen Islands, supplied exclusively by local businesses.
- Optimization of the terminal’s facilities, which was built in 1896.
- Redevelop truck access (fluidity and security)
- Increase and upgrade electrical capacity
- Replace buildings
- Redevelop container and cargo storage areas
- Redevelop handling areas for cruise ships